Tuesday, 4 November 2008

My After Shave advert



This is my advert for a new after shave for men. I have designed this advert to appeal to middle aged men by using Pierce Brosnan as the middle aged man. I had the idea that could use Daniel Craig for the younger audience. I also decided to use Sean Conery for the older audiences. This I though would be a clever way of marketing to different age groups.
When I first saw this photo I knew it would be perfect for my advert. Because he is leaning on the car and he is dressed very smartly, also the way he is leaning on the car it makes it look like he is very rich and he owns the car. Also the car fits perfectly in the size of the frame also looks good with the wheel turned.

With the text I placed it in the corner near his head because I thought people would be drawn to his face as they recognise him from films. Then from this they eyes would be drawn across the advert to text which incorporates the slogan which is an adaptation from one of James Bonds famous quotes. Also the black in red works well, also the black background with the white base go well together also.

1 comment:

r.ricketts said...

Dominic, i like your advert and can see how this might appel to a male audience-especially wit the current James Bond release and popularity. However your analysis lacks depth and any real analysis. |Please reevaluate your work. Focus on how the advert appeals to and who the target audience is. How have you composed your advert-what compositional devices did you use? CAmera Angles? Colour? FOnt.
Miss Ricketts